PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Dior Extase Major FAIL

Dior Extase Major FAIL


I ordered some things from Sephora.com and received a free sample of Dior's new "Extase" mascara. I was excited to try this new mascara, but let me tell you, it was a major disappointment. Not only was the brush funky, it clumped like none other and didn't separate the lashes at all. It also added no length.

This is what sephora.com says that Extase is supposed to do:

DiorShow Extase provides built-in treatment benefits and high-impact lashes in a single stroke! The spherical-shaped Black Pearl Pigments create a 3D volume effect and the exclusive Metamorphosis Powders expand in size by up to 50% after application. Also, SR38 Patented Ceramid brings additional care, reconstructing damaged lashes and promoting stronger and fuller lashes.

Um, ya. No. I think that is a bunch of bull. WTF is a ceramid?!

You can tell from this picture of my eyelashes that they look awful. Yuck, defintely don't buy this mascara!

post signature

8 comments:

BelleinBows said...

Thanks for doing a post like this! It's nice to hear honest feedback before we go out and spend $ on it!

the clark family. said...

SO glad you posted this- I have carried this around Sephora a number of times debating its purchase. Glad I never bit the bullet on it. Thanks for the info!

Lindsey said...

I'm always looking for a good mascara, glad to know this one is not a the one to try!

Kaley said...

I hated it too. I bought a tube and only used it a few times. It also made my eyes really irritated. I still love the original DiorShow though!

I'maNolaGirl said...

Thanks for the tip. I;m in the market for some new mascara. Do you have a current favorite?

Colleen said...

Thank you so much for doing this post. It saved me from buying another overpriced mascara that doesn't perform as expected. I love to use L'Oreal Voluminous w/curved brush and also Covergirl Fabulash.

The Shabby Princess said...

Thanks for the info!

I have been a die hard Dior mascara girl until recently when I ran out and didn't have time to run to the mall to get more. I picked up cheapy cheap Cover Girl Lash Blast at Target and love it. It's obviously not quite as good as the pricey stuff, but for $8, it's amazing!

Anonymous said...

on the contrary, I actually didn't have that problem with it, BUT I used it with my regular diorshow... so maybe that's why. It's not my favorite but I've definitely used worse!

I am a mascara addict.. I use Badgal Lash, this, regular diorshow and Buxom Lash depending on what look I'm going for

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.