PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Royal Watchers

Royal Watchers

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that Prince William and his longtime girlfriend announced their engagement on Tuesday. He gave her the ring once worn by his late mother, Princess Diana. The ring is a 7 carat oval sapphire surrounded by diamonds.

I have always been obsessed with the British Royals, especially Princes William & Harry since they are in my age range and I have known of them growing up.

Ever since William started dating Kate Middleton, my interest in the royals quickly peaked because I had a girl crush on Kate Middleton. Maybe it's because she seems normal like all of us and down-t0-Earth. She is also educated in Art History, something I loved in college. I think generally girls feel like they can relate to her because she is a classic beauty and seems very reserved and modest. I think Kate will quickly become a style icon for our generation.

Us American women tend to become obsessed with European Royalty. Princess Diana was widely speculated during her time around Buckingham Palace. Also, Grace Kelly was an icon from her time while she was the Princess Consort of Monaco.

I will definitely be psyched for the royal wedding. I would love to travel to London before next summer to take it all in!

Who else is going to be a Royal Watcher with me?!

post signature

15 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I have been a royal watcher since birth! I love them all!

Sassy In The South said...

I will! I love all things royalty, it is all so fascinating.

Keep It Fancy said...

i love your blog! check mine out sometime, i also wrote a post on kate middleton, but before the engagement

Britt said...

I am such a royal watcher. I bloged about this too! Prince William was my JTT:)

Anonymous said...

I'm dating myself here, but I remember watching Charles and Diana's wedding many many years ago. You bet I will be following this Royal wedding!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I love it all as well, I can't wait to get up in the middle of the night like my mom did with Charles and Diana to watch the wedding!

Ashley Turner said...

The ring originally cost 30,000 pounds in 1980 or 81 when Diana chose it! Hello! Love Kate and Wills and really happy to be in London during all the hype!

S said...

I am so in on this Royal Wedding and we should all go to London next summer to watch :)

Samma said...

Oh I definitely will- have you read Princess Diana by Andrew Morton or The Royals by Kitty Kelley? So juicy and good!

kittykat said...

Yes, I am a royal watcher. Can't wait until next year to watch the wedding.

Amanda said...

Counting down the days til the televised wedding!

The Shabby Princess said...

Me, me, me! I looooove Kate--I think she's gorgeous and seems like a wonderful fit for William. Of course, I mean, I'm wildly jealous of her because who doesn't want to be a princess?!?! But, I'm really happy for the two of them. And I cannot wait until the wedding!

Jessie Jones said...

Count me in on the royal watching! :-) I'm actually watching Dateline on DVR right now as I catch up on blogs! :-) LOVE!

Glitterista said...

Love the outfit with the tartan skirt and black turtleneck! Kate does have such wonderful style. :)

Mommy, Esq. said...

I am so excited for the royal wedding! And I am so excited to have a new style icon on the scene...and one who is in my age range, too. I am sure I will look to her for years to come as an example for my own personal style. And I may be one of the few out there who thinks Prince William is still super cute, and now his wife will be gorgeous too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.