PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Friday Mixed Bag

Friday Mixed Bag

- I am SUCH a sucker for those fragrance inserts that Neiman Marcus puts in their lookbooks. I got one last week and sniffed the Hermes Jardin Sur Le Toit and just had to order! The scent is very reminiscent of one of my favorite Fragonard purchases from my time in Paris.
- I got a new desk this week from our neighborhood email group. I love the shabby chic feel it gives. And yes, that's my Erin Condren planner on my desk. Who am I? I was persuaded by the power of twitter to purchase one and I actually really like it. I won't talk about it anymore though, I promise.
- So even though I popped off at J.Crew yesterday, I succumbed to the stupid red dress and ordered a size that was "in stock" instead of back ordered. We'll see if it actually fits.

- How do you all feel about the leopard smoker loafer (or whatever they're called) trend? I wasn't sure at first, but I like them with ankle pants. I saw them on J. Crew's new arrivals and I am thinking about ordering this pair. I wouldn't wear them with those pants though, woof.

5 comments:

ms. mindless said...

I like the "smoker loafer" but I ordered the steven by steve madden version since it is a trendier item. They are half the price (and were even cheaper at Nordstrom during the Anniversary sale).

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/steven-by-steve-madden-madee-slip-on/3197891?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=209

kt said...

Hi Megan! I have been wearing that style of shoe for ages! They are awesome! Most people call them slippers... and if you're going to get a pair, I highly suggest going with the originals, Stubbs & Wootton. They are incredibly comfortable, stylish, and well made! I have some that are 5+ years old and they are perfect! I love the needlepoint, but I also have a pair of velvet for winter! http://www.stubbsandwootton.com/

didi said...

I couldn't resist and ordered an Erin Condren planner for myself! Such pretty designs! I also pointed out your blog as the referral so I hope you get a little something for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

You got an NM lookbook? Wonder where mine is? I'm also missing several magazines...Grrr...

Love your desk! So cute! Is the neighborhood email group like a tiny Craiglist?

The smoker loafer looks a little "Hef and his Bunnies" to me, but if anyone can pull it off, you can!

Kristen said...

Leopard-print loafers are everywhere! I've seen them modeled by Blair on my favorite fashion blog, Atlantic Pacific, and also by Alexandra at HRH Collection. I wasn't a fan until I saw them on Blair ... the look she pulled together was amazing! She played up the "preppy" side. Loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.