PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Skin Care Routine

Skin Care Routine


I posted yesterday saying my hair has been a mess lately, but one thing that hasn't been a mess is my skin.  I am having a good "skin moment" right now, so I thought I'd share what is working for me.  Here is my current routine: 

1.  La Mer Gel Cream- the key to La Mer is getting the gel cream.  It's much more manageable than the cream version and it goes on so smooth.  I think I've had the same tub for 2 years or more.  It lasts forever and I always seem to go back to it.  I use this as a moisturizer after washing my face and/or using a mask.  

2. Real Raw Beauty Wash-  I use this oil blend for washing my face.  Sometimes I use it for a moisturizer as well if I am not feeling the La Mer.  I put this on right over makeup and use a hot wash cloth to wipe my face clean.  I love that it's all natural and contains no chemicals.  

3. Kate Somerville Micro Glycolic Polisher-  this polisher was recommended by a sales associate at Sephora.  I initially scoffed at her when she said it was so powerful that it made her face sting.  I now use this stuff every other day for a nice glycolic peel!

4. Aztec Secret Clay Mask-  I know I've mentioned this mask before, but it's awesome.  I use it once a week mixed with water for an intense facial.  Be prepared to scrub this stuff off- it's hard to budge!

5.  Retin-A Micro-  Retin-A Micro is RX only, but it is great to use twice a week to peel off dead and dull skin.  Retin-A is also the only topical cream recommended by the FDA for wrinkles and fine lines.  I usually use this once a week.  

Have you all tried any of these items on your skin?

11 comments:

candace said...

I've had some samples of la mer that I really loved but could never bite the bullet for the full sized. I'm having an awful skin moment so reading this post reminded me of how much I loved la mer and I went to see if I could buy it in Germany. Ummmmm nearly 350 euro for 2 oz. FML.

Megan said...

I'm interested to try the Aztec Secret Clay Mask...I love a good mask! I just got a Clarisonic Mia and I am OBSESSED. It makes my skin so soft and it absorbs my products so much better. I have also been using this serum from the Paula's Choice line, called RESIST Anit- Aging Clear Skin Hydrator. It is amazing for my 30 year old, acne prone skin. It clears up acne without any peeling or dry spots and really evens my skintone. It is so affordable for how well it works!!

Unknown said...

I need to splurge and just buy La Mer. I've bought everything around it and if it has lasted you that long, it's actually not too bad of a deal!
(yes, I'll justify anything)

Pretty in Pink said...

@melissa yes! a little goes a long way. I don't have to use much at all because it glides very well on your skin.

The Waspy Redhead said...

I've used Retin A off and on for years (probably since 2007). This is the longest I've gone without going back for an RX. I might do that in January.

Kelly said...

Quick Question. What do you use for sunsreen? Also, do you still use your clarisonic?

misslily said...

i LOVE that aztec clay mask. i mix mine with apple cider vinegar and make the mixture with way more liquid that clay - so i can put a super thin layer on. it bubbles and fizzes with the ACV which is kinda fun to watch...lol! it tingles and leaves my skin super "rosey" immediately following application.

i MUST try the real raw wash. i did an oil for a while (from a japanese company - forgot the name) and really loved how it worked.

Regarding Rehse said...

The Aztec Clay is one of my favorites! Such good stuff. I'm so hunting down that KS peel now, I'm using Philosophy's but once I'm done with Accutane, I want a crazy good peel to rip these scars and pigmentation off asap!!

Welcome to Real Raw Women! said...

Megan, you looked stunning and beautiful at Christmas!!! I love that you are using the Real Raw Beauty Face Wash as part of your routine!

Pretty in Pink said...

@kelly i use titanium dioxide drops in my moisturizer if i'm going outside a lot. don't use the clarisonic anymore. i have a weird aversion to brushing noises- i know, it's really weird.

Andee Layne said...

thanks for sharing! Ill def be looking into the RetinA and kate sommerville product! xoox Happy NY hun xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.