PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Repli-Kate

Repli-Kate

So I saw this week that Duchess Kate was spotted in a Boots wearing a 2 year old Zara cape.  After seeing the picture I was elated because I HAVE THAT CAPE! 


I decided to get it out and give a day on the town in honor of the Princess.  
I doubt Kate would wear it with angst boots such as the Report ones that I am wearing, but I feel she'd definitely wear a scarf and a head full of fresh curls.  

If the bag looks new to you, it's because it is.  I saved and saved and saved and sold to get a beige clair jumbo flap in lieu of the two older vintage beige flaps that I had (now sold to get this one).  I just really wanted the timeless color with gold hardware and the double flap option so I'm glad that I opted for the new version! I will say that the newer caviar leather isn't as good as the pre-2010 caviar ... the new leather seems so delicate and susceptible to stains and scratches.  I could beat my black jumbo around all day and you wouldn't see a scratch.  Oh well ... a black and beige jumbo is all a girl needs in life, right? 

Do you love the Kate Zara cape?  I've had this forever and didn't think twice about it until seeing Kate in it.  

14 comments:

Ashley Turner said...

I don't have any Chanel bags, but I've heard so many people say the quality has decreased year by year since the 80's, however yours is a beauty so I hope you enjoy it! Cape is lovely too! x

Ashley said...

The cape looks great! If I saw you on the street I would never know it was from 2 years ago.

Lili said...

looking fabulous Kate, err Megan :-) !!

nowshine said...

oh megan! what are you doing to me! my dream bag of all times... i should stop buying all the chloes and pradas and save up for this chanel...but i can´t! haha after a few weeks i need a substitute, what´s wrong with me?!
and...uuummm, hello, i thought it was you in the first picture, lol

Andee Layne said...

love it on you and those boots are amazing!!

WorthyStyle said...

I agree of new Chanel leather versus old. I just don't like the new leather. I am quite happy with my 80s/90s leather Chanel bags instead since I can knock around in them and they turn out AOK!

Your hair really looks gorgeous.

And yes, that cape is wonderful. I am all about outerwear in plaids, as it can pull all kinds of outfits together!

MaryJane said...

I loveeee your bag! I love the beige with the gold--It's gorgeous!

kt said...

You are our very own Princess Megan!!! Love the ensemble you put together with the cape! Your hair is looking fab as usual, and I am LOVING the new bag! I am a huge advocate for saving and saving (and selling) to acquire your dream bags! Quality over quantity all the way!

Anonymous said...

Saved, saved, and saved, huh? ;)
C'mon girl...no need to jsutify!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely look.

Love the bag.

thecriminallyexpensive said...

I love it! It is very princess and lady like. You look gorgeous. I really want a beige jumbo but I have really bad luck with light colored anything haha. I agree with the quality of the caviar leather, I purchased a caviar jumbo in June and I was like "this is caviar now...ugh!"

The Criminally Expensive

Kathleen said...

Love the bag and cape!!!

Kathleen @ Carrie Bradshaw Lied said...

LOVE the bag and cape!!!

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

stunning - love this cape on you!! and love the whole outfit!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.