PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Anxiety Cleaning Weekend

Anxiety Cleaning Weekend

I've been putting off "The Great Closet Cleanout/Switchout of 2013" for quite sometime now.  I've been meaning to do it for almost 2 months now and I just never want to commit the time and energy.  This weekend I had a little bit of anxiety, so I decided to anxiety clean.  Let me clarify that I hate cleaning, but when I am on the verge of a panic attack, the only thing that makes me feel better is to clean and organize.  This weekend I threw away t-shirts from 1994!!!! I was in a major purging mood and I really went to town on my disorganized closet.  


PS- Scarves have taken over my life.  This is only ONE of my scarf racks.  I need a bigger house! 

The best thing about a major clean out is finding things that you thought you lost! I have been looking for this cropped sweater for about a year now and I really thought that I lost it somewhere! I also found a leather skirt that I have been looking for as well as tons of lipsticks that were still in purses I hadn't carried in months.  

Here is the long lost sweater being worn with another skirt that I found in my cleaning spree!


The fun didn't stop there! I also found this Robert Rodriguez blazer! 


Do you all anxiety clean? 

7 comments:

MHM1314 said...

Pre-panic attack cleaning is essentially the only way my apartment is ever cleaned. Bleach smell is like an alternative Xanax for me :)

DanielleWoods91711 said...

Absolutely! Stressed? Clean. Sad? Clean. Overwhelmed? Clean. It also helps that we still have quite a few boxes from moving 3+ months ago. I can always go through a box! I love having a "goodwill" box in rotation at all times to throw things into that have to go!

The Waspy Redhead said...

Because I move so often, I feel like my closet gets purged frequently. It's such a satisfying feeling. On my most recent move the theme was "everything must go." Get this: I have 7 pairs of shoes, 3 purses and 1 6ft closet rod of hanging clothes left. Thats all. I consigned donated or dumped everything else. Love it!

Lili said...

your hair is gorgeous!!!!

Red Lipstick said...

Absolutely, and it is amazing how much I can accomplish, and feel better at the same time. I need to fall clean my downstairs purse, scarf and hat closet this month. Inspiring post! ;)

Ashley Turner said...

All the time - and I usually lock myself in my room with some tv seasons I want to rewatch and don't allow my husband in for the whole day... Cleaning = me time and bonding with my shoes :-D

www.pinkjulepabroad.com

Lauren Phelps said...

I love your scarves! I absolutely anxiety clean. Cleaning solves a lot of problems :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.