PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: This & That

This & That

So last week I consulted Instagram about what to do for damaged hair and I got some great responses! I feel like my hair has been like straw ever since going back to blonde.  I went to Target over the weekend and got the following products: 



I've had a chance to use all of the products and here are my thoughts: the volumizing shampoo and silk conditioner is an AWESOME combo! I really like the leave-in product but you have to be careful to only use a small amount or your hair will feel greasy.  I also love the iron guard to spray on right before using the curling iron because while it does kind of feel like hairspray, you really don't need to use a hairspray after because I feel like it makes the curl stay in.  

............................................................................................................................

While I was in Las Vegas last week I got the most amazing perfume and candles.  

The perfume is Byredo Mojave Ghost and it's a spicy yet floral scent that is very striking.  


The candle is the Henri Bendel Blush Suede scent and it's one of the best candles that I've ever smelled!  I wish they'd made this candle scent into a perfume because it smells that good!

And how cute is their packaging? They had free shipping so I just went ahead and shipped the candles to my house. 


............................................................................................................................

Last week I started and finished True Detective in ONE day.  It was one of the best shows I've seen ... I'd highly recommend watching it if you're in need of a new show.  It's a dark crime drama series that airs on HBO.  Seriously, watch it.  


............................................................................................................................

Blake Lively is one smart cookie - she announced she was pregnant last week after not being seen or photographed for quite a while.  After her announcement she was out and about in the public eye several times wearing the cutest clothes.  Coincidentally, all of the clothes she was wearing are from her new clothing website, Preserve.  

I was immediately drawn to this cloak she wore until I saw the price tag - $1300.00.  Yikes. 


I really love her boots though- does anyone know who makes them?  I've done the standard internet stalking but can't seem to find the designer.  

And this short-sleeved jacket is super-cute too which she has in several colors ... 



It's still pretty pricey at nearly 600 dollars.  Way to go for trying to market the clothes you sell on your website, but get some cheaper stuff, girl! 

Maybe everything is just getting more expensive and I'm still stuck in 2008 thinking everything should be under 200 dollars.  

............................................................................................................................

J.Crew has really stepped up their sale game as of late.  I remember the days when it was a good thing to just get free shipping on their website, and now they're offering 25-30 percent off full-priced items nearly every other week! 

This week they're offering 25% off full-priced items (collection excluded) so jump on that if there's something you want on the website. 

This textured slouchy sweater is one of those items that is MUCH cuter in person.  I want it in every color! 


You can't go wrong with this oversized striped turtleneck ... 


............................................................................................................................

5 comments:

Farrah said...

Blake Lively is so cute! I love that she's an enterprising homemaker.

Lili said...

i LOVE all the 10 haircare products!

Curly Girl Confessions said...

I have naturally dry hair being super curly and absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the deva curl products even though she markets to curly hair its wonderful for all hair types. I also use Pureology conditioner. Loves!

Katharine @ SouthernBourbonMountains said...

I'm getting reblonded tomorrow so might need to pick up those products! I feel like being blonde hurts my hair (and my wallet) but I get the most compliments. Still tempted to do a brown wash in b/c I'm too pregnant to deal with all of it.

Red Lipstick said...

I will have to try the Its a 10 Shampoo and Conditioner. I bought the leave in when you recommended it and liked it ;)

That cloak, it is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.