PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Staycation at The Peabody Memphis: Tea, Dinner, & Drinks

Staycation at The Peabody Memphis: Tea, Dinner, & Drinks


I was so excited to be included on this Peabody Hotel staycation with my girls from Bluff City Lights: Alex, Collins, and Mary.  We had such a great time staying for a night on the weekend and really enjoyed seeing all that Peabody Hotel has to offer.  

The Peabody Hotel is a Memphis must-see if you are ever in the area.  Aside from the beautiful architecture and interiors, they have great restaurants, the famous duck march at 11 am and 5 pm daily, and a beautiful rooftop to take in views of the river and city.  

We decided to split this staycation post up into two parts, the first being tea, dinner, and drinks and the second being our hotel room and brunch the next day.  The second post will be coming next week so stay tuned for that :) 




I had no idea that the Peabody Hotel offered a traditional tea at their restaurant Chez Phillipe.  I felt like I was a royal in England enjoying my afternoon tea because of the presentation and attention to detail that was part of this traditional tea service.  The tea service is $35 and includes 3 courses- a tray of sandwiches, scones, and desserts.  You also get to choose from their wide array of teas - I chose the decaf English breakfast blend and it was very good! 

Afternoon tea is served Wednesday-Saturday, 1pm-3:30pm.  More info here






After we had afternoon tea we checked into our hotel room and relaxed for a bit before heading down to the Peabody Hotel Lobby for drinks.  The lobby is such a great spot for drinks and people-watching if you are ever in Memphis.  It's one of those places that I always try to take out-of-town guests at least once.  The lobby is flanked by a beautiful fountain which houses the ducks during the day before they go back to their duck house on the rooftop.  At night the lobby transforms into a lively spot for drinks and conversation as there are tons of little tables and couches to take in the moment.  

We had dinner at the Capriccio Grill inside the Peabody and it was absolutely delicious!  I chose the eggplant with mashed potatoes and had the creme brûlée for dessert.  



Thank you so much to the Peabody Memphis for having us and definitely stay tuned for our second post on more from our stay.  



All Photo Credit: Jeddah Salera

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I cannot believe than in all the time I lived in Memphis, I never visited the Peabody. I could see it from my office and went to Huey's for beers and burgers all the time, too. I'm sad I didn't take advantage when I had the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.