PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: This and That

This and That

Hello Everyone.  I am now a wannabe ginger.  

I hadn't done anything to my hair in months and was getting tired of my old crusty ends being so blonde.  

I got some reddish highlights put into my hair because I wanted most of the old blonde ombre out of my ends, but didn't want to do anything too dark since my natural color is a pretty light color to begin with.  I have been toying with red for 2 years now and this definitely makes me want to go even more red, but I am not sure if I can pull it off.  


After playing around with instagram filters, this is what a true red would look like on me.  I kind of like it.


My salon just started carrying Kevin Murphy.  I've wanted to try this line for a while, so I got some products per my stylists recommendation.  Do any of you all use these products? 

Here are some other outfits that I wore last week when I was OOT for work.  I finally wore the striped Old Navy dress I blogged about a while back with a navy blazer.  I also wore the GAP sweatshirt dress with a blazer as well.  

Did you all watch the Emmy's last night?  I have to say my favorite look was Julianne Moore in a stunning yellow Christian Dior gown.  I love that the look has long sleeves and I think her hair looks perfect with the color.


I think worst dressed goes to Ashley Judd in a replica of a 1997 Prom Dress/Bridesmaids dress with a poof big enough to store her cell phone.  What was she thinking?

Who were your favorites?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to love Julianne's dress. The fit was amazing. She was so confident and clearly loved wearing if. And I love the idea of the yellow. I just felt like the dress's hue was off...

Jennifer said...

Love Kevin Murphy products! I use the Hydrate Me shampoo and rinse, Straight Defence (good for heat styling), Motion Lotion (for curly days), and Hair Resort (for textured look). Used Kerastase for years but I've made the switch to KM.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Love you with that really red hair. It would wash out if you didn't like it. Every time I've died my hair red it washes out in a month or 2.

I'm wearing that same gap stripped dress today. ;-0

Southern with a Twist said...

I went red 4 years ago and love it! People are always so surprised to find out it's not my natural color. Like you, it took me almost 2 years to take the plunge. I just couldn't find the right shade that I wanted!

audrinajulia said...

Love the texture of your hair as well as the new color. It suits you pretty well! and yes I agree with you on Julianne Moore, she stands out with the dress and she got a gorgeous hair as well.

audrinajulia.blogspot.com

e. said...

i love your hair!

i loved julianne moore and claire danes! yellow!

Carli said...

the red hair looks great!

Caroline said...

Love the hair!

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

is that a new iPhone5 I spy? Loving you as a red head, and Kevin Murphy products are great. I love the fresh hair dry spray... miracle worker, and smells amazing!
xx
Here&Now

Unknown said...

The red hair is fun! You have the complexion for it.

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love the red hair it suits you well! Juilanne was one of my favs too. Love the ON dress with a blazer. I have the white navy version and might just copy that idea!

Anonymous said...

i've tried the angel wash and rinse by km, but sadly, they left my hair full of tangles. the products smell great, but sadly, they're not for me.

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

love your leopard scarf! is that target too??? you look gorge as a redhead -- seriously you are one of those girls who can pull off any hair color!

julianne did look gorgeous - and i hadn't seen ashley's dress, yikes!!

Minted Glam said...

You are so cute, loving all those outfits! Adorable blog - so glad I found it!!

Katherine

http://mintedglam.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.