PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Wedding Sneak Peek

Wedding Sneak Peek

Hello Loyal Readers!

I am writing from my balcony in Puerto Rico ... it's nice to have a companion that is an internet nerd ... aka we have internet anywhere we go!

I just wanted to give you all a quick update since I know so many of you are anxious to hear how the wedding went :)

It rained ALL day on Saturday. I made an ultimate decision around 2pm to move the ceremony to the inside gallery room, which in the end turned out to be beautiful and elegant ... maybe even more so than the courtyard would have been. I was more than pleased with the way everything turned out and I'm so glad that I decided to move it inside because alas, at 6:30 pm it was still raining outside!

I was OBSESSED with my flowers. I don't have pictures of my reception flowers yet, but they were absolutely amazing. The tented terrace was beautiful and despite the rain, we still partied under that terrace! I had the museum people put up a plastic wall on one side of the tented terrace to allow the band to still be able to play outside. It was so great and everyone LOVED our special guest singer ELVIS.

My Photographer and her team were amazing. I cannot wait to see their shots. They were so creative in being able to get plenty of shots inside and outside of the museum despite the fact that it was pouring down rain.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if it rains on your wedding day. I had a blast and was so excited to see so many of my friends and family members. I believe it was a blessing in disguise because the gallery room ended up being so classy and elegant. We all got to walk down a marble staircase with the string trio at the bottom of the steps. Since it was a museum we weren't allowed to bring any of my ceremony floral decorations inside the gallery room. My florist took those flowers that were supposed to be used for decorating the ceremony and moved them to different places to add more decoration other places in the venue.

Here are a few pictures of the ceremony and some decorations. These are from my friend Britney's camera. I will post some more as the week goes on because I really want y'all to see my reception flowers :)







And finally, a pic of elvis and some bridesmaids taken by my photographer for her twitter :)

48 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aww! I was wondering what ended up happening with the rain! I'm sure it was BEAUTIFUL! I love your cake!!

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!!! Such a beautiful bride!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

how beautiful :) love it.

Kembree said...

Looked Gorgeous, remember to check my blog if you need any suggestions in PR. There were so many great places..Brava and Drums for night life, and BLT and Koco a must for a nice dinner..Have a Mofongo and some Plaintains while you are there!

Kembree said...

Oh and if you get a chance for a Rain Forest Tour..EcoQuest was AWESOME!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

So beautiful - enjoy your honeymoon!

Katherine said...

beautiful! have a fun and relaxing time on your honeymoon!

Natalie said...

You . are. BEAUTIFUL!! I am loving your bridesmaid dresses -- LOVE!!!!

Enjoy your honeymoon! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Ashley Turner said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad to hear it went well and that you had a great time! Enjoy your honeymoon!!!

Michelle said...

Lovely! Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Petunia said...

Wow--you looked amazing in your beautiful gown! Have fun on your honeymoon!!! :)

Rain on your wedding day is good luck!

wendy said...

Your wedding looks liked it turned out PERFECT! You look so beautiful in your dress. Do you feel relaxed now? I can remember the day after I wanted to do it all over againa nd couldn't believe how fast the day went by. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

the dress was gorgeous..of course! and i LOVED your hair...enjoy Puerto Rico!

Chloe said...

Your dress! That hair! That cake! You look amazing. I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! Everything looks beautiful. I hope y'all have a wonderful honeymoon!!

Melissa said...

You looked gorgeous! Enjoy the honeymoon!!

Chanel Fashionista said...

you looked gorgeous!!

Megan said...

Congrats.. you looked beautiful and the flowers are amazing!! Have a great honeymoon!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Everything turned out so beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Congratulations - it looks beautiful :) Have a fabulous honeymoon, and definitely have a few tropical drinks for me!

mFw said...

You look fabulous and the bridesmaid dresses are wonderful, too.

BLC :o said...

Divine! Enjoy the moon and can't wait for your return. Xoxo-BLC

Anonymous said...

Your dress looks absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations on such a perfect day!
http://fab.typepad.com/brunette

Cas said...

Thank you for posting for us!! You look amazing. Can't wait for more photos.

p.s. LOVE the Elvis!

Prouts said...

So gorgeous! I'm loving all of it and your bridesmaids dresses are amazing!!

Red and White Preppy said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures :) So glad it all worked out! Remember: it is good luck when it rains on your wedding day!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride you made, and your hair looked FAAABULOOOOUS!

tickledpink said...

You looked beautiful! Love the bridesmaids dresses, your cake and your hair looked great! I was thinking about you Saturday, and hoping it wasn't raining. I'm glad everything turned out wonderful regardless! Have a fun honeymoon! Can't wait to see more pictures!

B said...

Congratulations! Your dress looks gorgeous, can't wait to see more pictures!

Candace said...

You were a beautiful bride and I LOVE your BM dresses! Have a great honeymoon!

Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

Congrats! Your wedding was beautiful and you looked stunning!! You have a new follower =)

Anonymous said...

You were such a beautiful bride! And I love the bridesmaid dresses. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Minnesota Girl said...

Looks like you had a beautiful day! Where did you get the bridesmaid dresses? They're beautiful!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Enjoy your honeymoon. I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!!!

Sparkle Sparkle said...

gorgeous!! everything! thanks so much for the sneak peek from the honeymoon. i thought we were all going to have to wait until you got back! have a blast!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

You look absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see more. Have a great time on your honeymoon!

Kwana said...

Yay!!!! Just beautiful. Big congrats. All the best.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Huge CONGRATS to you!!! You looked amazing!! Have a blast on the HM.

Jess said...

Your dress is gorgeous, and the bm's dresses too. Glad everything worked out, it looked fabulous. Can't wait to see your pictures. Love the picture with Elvis!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

What a GORGEOUS event!!! You look beautiful, adore the bridesmaid dresses, and what a cake! I can't wait to see more. Congratulations to you, Mrs. Megan :-)

Jane said...

Everything looked gorgeous! Congrats girl!

The Shabby Princess said...

You look gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

you really must tell us who those bridesmaids dresses are. i need one. :)

kristy said...

Congrats! I love your dress! And the bridemaids dresses too! I spy Sarah in those photos ... I cannot believe she'll be married soon too! Hope you had a wonderful day and enjoy the honeymoon!

Needs Help said...

You look gorgeous in the pics! Glad it worked out for you to have the ceremony inside!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Girl, I hope you're having a B.L.A.S.T.!!!! I left you something on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Megan! Oh my goodness, how beautiful everything was! You look stunning in the photos, especially coming down the stair!

Happy, happy Honeymoon to you both, soak it all in and enjoy your time... and each other!

Hugs and smiles at you,
tp

KAK said...

you look beautiful! please please please tell us who makes those bridesmaid dresses!!

-kWm-

Zoë Moët said...

Those bridesmaid dresses are soooooo cute! Talk about a dress you'll want to wear again! I'd never take it off!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.