PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: The Ultimate Wedding Post

The Ultimate Wedding Post

I'm back!

Don't worry dolls, several hundred pictures to come.

First, I wanted to give you all the details of my big day since many of you have been asking about dresses, etc.

My dress was Monique Lhuillier. I absolutely loved my dress. I will say that getting your dress so early (I got mine in November) can be good and bad. I loved my dress when I got it, but the longer it sat in my closet the more I got sick of looking at it. At one point I found another Monique Lhuillier dress that I liked and was so close to buying it to have two dresses (more options!). Paisley & Pearls and my Mom both talked me out of doing so, which I am thankful for because I ended up LOVING my dress.

My bridesmaid's dresses were Vera Wang. Way before I got engaged I used to stalk the Vera Wang website and I already had these bridesmaid's dresses picked out. They were quite pricey, so I opted to purchase all of mine in bulk from a wholesaler in New Orleans, LA called "Pearl's Place". I would highly recommend Pearl's Place because they sell their dresses at cost if you make one big order.

My flowers were done by Gesture's Flowers here in Memphis. Kim Gardner and her team did an amazing job and I was completely and utterly obsessed with my flowers. They were exactly what I had envisioned. She used hydrangeas, roses, and stock to give the bouquets a packed feel. I didn't want much greenery or branches, so I liked the idea of having more compact arrangements. My flowers were expensive, but were WELL worth it in the end. I would highly recommend spending a lot on flowers because they really do set the mood that you're going for with your bouquets and your reception flowers.

My photography team was Allison Rodgers Photography based out of Olive Branch, Mississippi. Allison and her team were amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better group to follow me around all night. I cannot wait to see the pictures :)

I used Amerispan Tents for my tent liner, chandeliers, dance floor, and chair rentals. They were great to work with.

All of the entertainment aspects of my wedding were covered by R.A.M entertainment agency here in Memphis. Through them, I booked the 1-900 band, The Beth Lipscomb string Trio, and the King himself, Elvis.

Hair and make-up was done by David Hudson Hair Studio here in Memphis.

A few things I learned from having a wedding:
- People will RSVP and not come. We were expecting around 80 and probably had more around 65-70.

- Have a Plan B in case it rains. Luckily, my plan B worked out perfectly and I was so pleased. I couldn't have imagined not having a back-up plan because in my case it literally rained all day. If you are planning on having an outside wedding I would highly recommend having a back-up plan. If there is no building to go in, consider having a tent-rental company on hand in case you have to have them put up a tent (it's better than nothing).

- Unless you are adamant about a seating chart, don't worry about it. I had nameplates made for our wedding party and immediate family, but ended up not using them. I loved that people just sat where they wanted (a TON of people actually sat inside versus outside at our wedding, something i had not planned on) and people were able to mingle without feeling like they had to sit somewhere assigned.

- You will NOT have time to eat. Nor will you feel like eating. We even had our food packaged for us to take to our hotel and even there I was still too hyped up to eat anything. Just accept it and have people tell you how everything was. Luckily everyone kept talking about how good our food was. Unfortunately for me, I only got a small taste since I was too hyper and anxious to eat.

- It's totally okay to have a breakdown on your wedding day. I was a ball of nerves the morning of my wedding and I just had to have a quick breakdown at my hair appointment. I was so nervous about everything working out with the rain and I just had to have a meltdown. After a 5 minute crying spree, everything was fine and I felt a lot better. Everything worked out in the end and it will for you upcoming brides as well, so don't worry about it.

- Have someone take pictures of EVERYTHING. I know your photographer will capture most of these moments, but trust me, you will want to see pictures IMMEDIATELY. I told my mom to take as many pictures as she could so that I would be able to look at pictures immediately after my wedding. I wanted to capture every moment. My flowers, my food, the arrangements, the gifts. I wanted pictures of it all.

I am working on making an online album so you all will be able to see ALL of the pictures that people took at my wedding, but here are just a few that my Mom took with her camera.

Rehearsal:


More Rehearsal:


Bridesmaid's Luncheon:


Before the ceremony:


Photos with the girls:


With the flower girl:


Father-daughter dance:


More:


watching the dancing:


cake cutting:


more dancing ... we shut the place down!


my smaller arrangements:


my tall arrangements:


With flower girl:


The spread:


The centerpiece:


Our good friends Sara and Byron, but I also wanted you all to be able to see the beautiful hydrangea wreaths my florist made:

27 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Everything looks so lovely - congrats! I think your advice is great for brides to be. Actually some of my very favorite wedding photos were candids taken by friends.

Enjoy your newlywed bliss!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like it was an AMAZING day! I can't wait to see more pictures! It sounds like it was so great!

Melissa said...

It really turned out beautiful! I live in the Memphis area, so I'm totally jotting down the names of people you used. Thanks girl!!

Petunia said...

Gorgeous pictures! I absolutely love your dress and the bridesmaids dresses! :)

Becca said...

so, since I really enjoy reading you.. I thought it was time to de-lurk! Your wedding looks beautiful! Congratulations!!

B said...

I think I already commented on your dress, but your hair turned out fantastic! I love that style.

GingerSnap said...

Gorgeous bride! I hope you enjoyed every moment of your wedding, it looks like it was just beautiful :)

Kembree said...

Beautiful Dress..How was PR?

Chloe said...

Oooh, where'd you get your dress that you're wearing at the rehearsal? I just LOVE it! That cut! That color! It's fabulous.

Your wedding looks amazing and I can't wait to see more pics! Congrats again!

Alison said...

Gorgeous,

Where did you get your rehearsal dinner dress, what brand is it. I LOVE IT

Hopsy said...

Everything was perfect Meghan! The flowers are divine and I love the dresses too! We had a ML boutique (one of two!) in Edina and I used to love looking in when working at Melly!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks amazing!!! I love it and I cannot wait to see your pictures ! :) Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Megan! So, it is my job and I do look at a LOT of wedding gowns, but when you said you were in Monique, I seriously KNEW that was your dress... I have serious bridal ESP that way. Congratulations, it looked just lovely. Can't wait to see more : )

Adventures in Newlywed said...

So beautiful! Congratulations!

Nessa said...

Ohh..! Its all so beautiful!

Trina said...

I love it, especially the flowers --- I watched platinum weddings yesterday and the flowers were the same. I agree, it sets the mood! Can't wait to see more :)


BEAUTIFUL WEDDING!

Juls said...

Great advice....amaazing wedding, we could not be happier for you!!! Everything was amazing!! We cant wait to see all the pics!!

Julie

J said...

Congratulations! You looked beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Awww Congrats! You look absolutly gorgeous in your dress!!!

V

Sweet Simplicity said...

Everything was beautiful! I love all of your floral arrangements.

beckylbranch said...

What a BEAUTIFUL wedding! Love your dress and the decorations are just lovely!

Shasta said...

Every picture is so great! I keep pouring over them. I keep stalking your photographer's website in hopes that your pics are up!

Let me tell you this girl, you have an amazing figure! You should model, SRSLY. You are stunning! Your honeymoon pics are so fun too (on FB) I was showing Darling some of them and he kept saying "That's it. Time to go back to Puerto Rico!"

Your tips are so helpful, all of which I wish I would have known prior to getting married.

This is going to be a very gauche question, but did you get some amazing wedding gifts? Did you chose a china pattern? Not everyone is a china fan, so not everyone has it of course. I personally love it. I have a sick obsession with dishes and linens, you know along with the insane out of control shopping obsession that I have!

Also, does the boutique you work at have a website? I would love to know!

What Kate Wore said...

Oooooh, talk about luscious, all of it! Where to start?

Your hair was amazing, just stunning and the dress? Awesome. The lines were stunning. You were jaw-dropping gorgeous Miss Megan!

The photo of you and your little Flower Girl almost made me cry, it is reminiscent of the Estee Lauder 'Beautiful' perfume ads, at least it looked that way to us.

You are so right about having someone take pictures along the way, waiting for the proofs from the photographer without any other shots to look at would be terrible.

I could go on forever! Sending congratulations and big cyberhugs!
tp

Needs Help said...

I've seen those bridesmaid dresses in a few different colors and I love the pale pink. I'm sure you're bridesmaids are appreciative that you pickes something they can actually wear again (and I can say this bc I borrowed this dress from a friend for a cocktail party after she wore it in a wedding and recieved TONS of compliments). All the pictures are gorgeous!

NTBWB... said...

STUNNING!!!! I am so happy everything turned out so well - it looked absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see more, you looked GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

加古川 ネイルサロン
加古川 まつげエクステ・パーマ
加古川 マッサージ

Anonymous said...

情趣用品
情趣

情趣用品 , 情趣 - Toy情趣用品專賣網 ...

提供情趣用品,情趣,自慰套,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,Fleshlight,潤滑液,情趣精品,情趣商品等,TOY情趣用品專賣網為全台最大總類最多的情趣用品網路購物商城!
本站會不定期的抽獎贈送精美小禮回饋給加入會員的老客戶 為保障客戶隱私商品包裝絕無任何情趣用品字樣 讓您買得安心用得放心 ... 德國Sinfive情趣用品按摩棒已引進囉,目前全台僅有TOY情趣用品專賣網才購買得到哦

... 一般坊間所賣的貼身玩具可能的材質是PVC塑膠、乳膠、果凍膠、好一點的可能是cyberskin,並無法確定它們的安全性,但是的確有醫學報告及國際新聞指出這些材質是對身體有害的,只是大家在選購情趣用品時都忽略了這個重點! ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.