PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Thanksgiving Updates

Thanksgiving Updates

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday! Ours was fabulous! As I said before, my parents came to Memphis and we had a great time.

I am truly obsessed with shopping because my internal clock woke me up at 4 AM on Friday morning because I knew that Saks and other stores would be sending out their black Friday sale emails. I promptly woke up, scanned, ordered, and went back to sleep.

Shopping on black Friday is a tradition that my Mom and I have taken part in for years! I know some people think people who shop on that day are crazy, but I really do enjoy it. Honestly, we really weren't planning on going shopping until I saw the Target ad that had a steam mop that was originally 100 dollars on sale for $49.99- the mission was set.

When bargains come around I become like a vulture on the hunt for the kill. We didn't even leave the house until around 8 am, but we made there just in time as I ran inside and snatched up the VERY LAST Bissell steam mop that someone had cleverly hidden behind another kind of mop (nice try). I also got a set of Christmas topiaries and garland on sale at Target and a hard drive for Rob for a mere 50 dollars!

Honestly, I am not that impressed with the steam mop. I was really expecting it to clean and shine my hardwood floors, make them smell good, dry them, and do my dishes as well, but really, it just made them look kind of streaky and worse than they looked before I steam mopped them. You definitely have to go back over them with orange glow to get them to shine.

We also put up the tree this weekend! I went a little overboard with our Christmas decorations this year. I think we're the only house on our street with our decorations up this early, but oh well!

Oh, and HOW DID I FORGET to talk about my ultimate Black Friday deal? Get on your snuugggiiiieeeee!! Snuggies were on sale at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for 9.99 with the free book light.

Not to change the subject, but today is my sweet husband's 25th Birthday! Happy Birthday!!!

Don't forget to check out my new yard sale listings!

Did you all score any good deals on Black Friday?

post signature

20 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! And cute snuggie...I like that one! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the tree! We have ours up to and my husband keeps commenting that we're the only ones on the block with spirit!

I want a Snuggie so bad! It's so cute!

- said...

You are a girl on a mission! I did the 5 am email scanning too and of course went back to sleep ASAP! I was looking for fab deals on standing mixers online but they just weren't as good as store prices.

Happy bday to the hubby!

Marian said...

Your Christmas tree looks perfect!!

And snuggies for $9.99. I wish I could have taken advantage of that deal!!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Happy First Married Christmas! Tree is adorable, and your snuggie looks cute too!

Gracie Beth said...

Happy Birthday to hubby! I love the snuggie I am going to get one for myself! I love your tree too!

Barefoot in the Park said...

love the snuggie deal!

I got a STEAL of a deal at saks ... a rehersal dinner dress. original price $525, sale price $140!!

Ali said...

Ha I have the same snuggie! My fiance used it as a Halloween costume and I got to keep it!

Anonymous said...

you are probably the only person to make the snuggie look cute!

lw said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! (especially since he and I share the same bday ... hehe). I bet my hubby still won't let me have a snuggie - even at $9.99. Darn stubborn husband and his snuggie rules.

Natasha said...

I did Black Friday at the outlets in Hilton Head and it was CRAZY-- we actually went at 1AM and couldn't move... so much fun though!!

DD said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Happy birthday Rob!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I ADORE the leopard snuggie. Adore it!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I LOVE the leopard print snuggie!! Need that!

I don't do the black friday shopping thing. I don't think I'm cut out for the hard core shopping!

Hope Rob has a great birthday!!

carrie1 said...

I am totally jealous of your snuggie! I keep telling Chris I want one for Christmas, but I think he thinks I am joking.

Sorry your bissell didn't live up to the expectations... we have the Shark one here at work and I LOVE IT! =)

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I went shopping on Black Friday, too! And lived to regret it - never should've ventured to Wolfchase! Love the animal-print Snuggie, though. And Happy Birthday to Rob!

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a great time! If you don't like the Bissell, try the Shark. I bought on about 2 months ago and I LOVE it! I actually do not mind mopping anymore!

SLynnRo said...

Have you tried the Shark on the floors? Didn't you buy one? I want one.

Anonymous said...

OMG, my sister just got a snuggie for her dog and he loves it!
Beautiful tree, thanks for sharing...

Jane said...

How funny that you just woke up! That is great shopping instinct indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.