PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: What I'm Wearing- New Series

What I'm Wearing- New Series

Yesterday, a friend shared with me the "Fashion Finder" series on the Regis & Kelly website (view the series HERE). I literally watched Kelly Ripa describe what she wore each show for TWO hours. I was in fashion heaven listening to her and her stylist describe her outfits. I thought to myself, "How awesome would this be if I could do this on my blog?"

I have decided to do a weekly video on how to wear certain trends. I already have several ideas in mind. Today I talk about winter layering and wearing leggings. Next week I am going to do looking edgy (think flannel, plaid, motorcycle boot trend) without being emo.

Are there any certain trends or fashion topics you would like for me to discuss?

Until then, enjoy today's installment- the lighting sucks and you can barely see what I'm wearing, but we will be fixing all of this as time goes on-- remember, I used my iPhone, so it's going to look low budget until I get myself a real video camera. Enjoy and let me know what you think! Of course, I think I sound like a tool bag on camera, but really, let me know!

Winter Layering & Leggings 101

- You can wear leggings with almost anything, just make sure you are kind of covering your butt ... no one wants to look like they are walking out of a Kayne West workout music video or like they forgot an item of clothing! I am really big into oversized sweaters and tunics right now because they are the perfect length to just cover your bum, yet still look stylish and chic.

- You can wear any shoe with leggings- I wear mine with flats, heels, nice boots, ugg boots, slippers, you name it!

- Layering is easy- just match your colors! If you are wanting to wear a sleeveless dress with dark colors try layering with a darker turtleneck (I realize I was wearing white with dark in my video- I do this sometimes ahhhheeemmm when I don't have any clean turtlenecks).

- Yes, you can layer even with turtleneck, cowl neck, or mock neck dresses or sweaters. If you have an oversized sleeveless cowl neck sweater, throw it over a crewneck tee or turtleneck- it will look fine!

post signature

34 comments:

DD said...

GREAT post and great idea. Loved it. Can't wait to see your weekly fashion tips.

Candace said...

I love leggings! I give you props for doing a whole video without screwing up or stumbling over your words. I wouldnt be able to do that!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Love that you're doing this! Can't wait for the next installment!

Charlotte said...

Definitely a fun idea! You look great, btw. & your doggy held it's barks till the end...mine would have barked the entire time! :)

lottie

Jessica said...

Thanks for doing this, Megan! I'm excited to see next week's edition!

Melia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea Liz said...

What a fun idea! I love it! Thanks for the fashion info! I love leggings!

mrs.mfc said...

How fun!?! I hope you keep doing this!! I had no idea that Kelly Ripa did that.. you are seriously slowing my productivity today ;)

{sorry I deleted my comment above.. I was signed into the wrong account!}

Brittney said...

Adorable post! I feel like leggings make me look big though! Do you recommend leggings for girls with curvy hips and a little 'junk in the trunk?'

Pretty in Pink said...

Brittney- Yes! Anyone can wear leggings! The trick is finding a longer top or tunic to wear with them :)

Through Rose Colored Glasses said...

LOVE LOVE this idea! and I love seeing you in action! Miss you!

Ashley Marie said...

I LOVE it! Ah, I'm excited. Some suggestions, rainy day fashion and young preppy. And if you really wanted, looking cute and comfy in college would make me just die of excitement!

BelleinBows said...

Love this idea! My Favorite was the leggings with the boots! So cute & trendy! Looking forward to your weekly updates!

I would love to see you do a segment on going girly but keeping it age appropriate!

Tricia Loves Makeup said...

This is such a great post! After seeing this, I went over to the R&K show to see her videos. I can't wait to see more of your fashion finds.

molldoll said...

Such a cute idea!

Just Add Walter said...

so cute! I love this idea

StylishSuburban said...

Great post I look forward to reading it every week. Leggings are one of my best friends. Now I just can't wait until I'm not pregnant anymore and can find some cute tunics.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea Megan. Love it. Thanks for all the info.

Lynn said...

Love this! What a fabulous idea. Now I have to go check out Kelly Ripa's videos!

xo

Day Old News said...

Great idea, glad you are vlogging again! Can't wait to see your next series. And your hair color is fab.

GingerSnap said...

Great idea! Would you do a how-to on wearing white in the winter? Please???? :)

Anne said...

Love it! You sound just fine, I assure you. Can't wait for the next installment! (What I really need, though, is an eye makeup tutorial...my latest forays into non-pencil eyeliner have not gone well - eek!)

Anonymous said...

I really like that you are doing this! My only suggestion would be, when you recommend something like the turtlenecks or the leggings, can you post on the blog the brand or designer. Because when you were talking you mentioned some I am not familiar with but wasn't sure how to spell it to google it. I love the layering and leggings look! Thanks! Can't wait to see next weeks!

Kassie said...

I love this idea!! I'm forever trying to figure out how to wear leggings and "get" away with it.

Petunia said...

I loved your fashion tips vlog! Very informative! :)

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Loved the video. I cannot wait to see more!

Elizabeth said...

great idea! when i first discovered the fashion finder with kelly ripa, i watched it for a good 2 hours too! i love her!

Anonymous said...

hey girl! i've been "stalking" you for a while now, but a) you have great fashion and b) you crack me up, so i thought i would say hello!

love following you on twitter, too, because i also work at a university and know EXACTLY what you feel about 'helicopter parents' and crazy students calling you at 7am!

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

I love this video!! Can't wait for more enstallments--and I love leggings but they are too often worn incorrectly so I think people will find this helpful :)

Summer is a Verb said...

Off to Regis and Kelly where I am certain to wile away AT LEAST two hours. Fingers crossed she divulges the source of her grey silf ruffly top I have been coveting for months...XXOO

Ashley Turner said...

Love leggings and even though it's hot here year round, I throw them on all the time with super long tanks and tops and a pair of ballet flats or heals for movies or easy going pub nights. SOOOOO comfy!

Unknown said...

Loved the video! Can't wait for the next one!

Click Clack Mom said...

I loved this post! You put a lot of thought into it and gave some great tips! Nicely done!

Mrs. in Memphis said...

fun fun fun! very helpful! can't wait for the next video post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.