PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Inexpensive Christmas Happies

Inexpensive Christmas Happies

I am assuming that you all are familiar with the term "happy" when used in the context of a gift. If you don't, it is basically just a 'lil 'sumthin to brighten up someone's day, week, Birthday, etc. It's not quite a full-on gift, rather a little "happy" to let that person know you were thinking about them.

Christmastime brings about the perfect opportunity for little happies, because, let's face it- you never know who might be stopping by your house with a little happy for you, and it's nice to have something in the "reserve closet" to give them!

Today, I am going to share with you a few of my favorite little gifts that I like to keep around during the Holidays for different people in my life!

1) Starbucks Giftcards- these are great to keep around. I like to just get a few in 10 dollar increments for people that might stop by with gifts. They are easy and everyone likes Starbucks or could at least find something there that they like.

2) Candles- I am right there with Erin over at Blue Eyed Bride (view her gift post here) - candles are great for inexpensive gifts. I just got a Slatkin & Co "Winter" scented candle from a friend and it smell DIVINE and was only 19.50 at Bath & Body Works! For a little higher price point, try Jo Malone candles, Annouk Goutal, or Diptyque- sure to make any gift receiver a happy girl!




3) Pedicure or Manicure Gift Certificates- who doesn't love getting a pedicure or manicure? Did you know most manicures only cost 12 dollars? What an easy and inexpensive gift to give! Most people don't want to spend the money to get manicures or pedicures, so it's nice to give pampering!

4) Pre-packaged Reindeer Mix- You all will recall that last year one of my neighbors left this delicious little treat at our doorstep last Christmas. Their packaging was adorable and contained a little sticker with their address and a sweet little Christmas note. This stuff is easy to make and you could get really creative with the packaging with festive ribbons and stickers.


What are some of your favorite little Christmas happies?

post signature

22 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

great list! especially the sbux gift card and the reindeer food-- or puppy chow as i call it. yum! now i'm hungry!

Stephanie said...

I love giving harney&sons tea with a pretty ribbon tied around it! You can buy it at barnes and noble, and they have really unique flavors. My fave - coconut and vanilla green tea!

Ashley Turner said...

I'm a big fan of keeping my Mamaw's tradition of giving baked goods as "happies" alive. "Nothin says loving like somethin from the oven" hahahaha

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Great ideas! Love a happy! I think all girls love candles, manicures, and Starbucks!

Anonymous said...

these are great ideas!

Shelze said...

Do you know how to make the reindeer food?

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Great ideas, I'll have to give that B&BW candle a sniff. I tend to lean toward food for "happies." I make a family recipe for "harvest cake" that is a great go-to gift for me. I also fill mason jars with cheese straws and do batches of chocolate chip cookies.

capperson said...

I love starbucks or Joe muggs and I also love baked gifts. My mom and I usually make tins of peanut butter balls, candied pecans, chocolate and white chocolate covered pretzels, puppy chow, bark, choc./white choc. covered peanut butter ritz and any other little goodies we decide to make. Everybody looks forward to getting their yummy goodies on Christmas Eve.

I'maNolaGirl said...

I agree that baked good are the perfect happies! I like to make these pecan sandies and put then in a little celophane bag. I tie a card with the recipe on them with cute red and green ribbon and a jingle bell.

Sara said...

I think you have just solved my last minute food gift problem! Now, I just need to find the recipe...

Unknown said...

An SBucks card is definitely my go-to gift for any occasion...

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

I love the reindeer mix! How sweet, and I adore the term "happies" and I will now be incorporating it into my vocab:) Lets hope it catches on here!

Marian said...

Starbucks gift cards are the best thing ever!!

And I totally agree with the pedicures. I tend to give those to my 4 girlfriends so not only do they get a chance to relax, but we can all go together and catch up.

Great ideas.

xoxox

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I always make sure to have pretty containers of sea salt caramels or toffee & party mixes & chocolate covered sourdough pretzels on hand. It never fails that I get 'surprised' by someone stopping by with a gift, so now I'm never unprepared!!

Kyle said...

I love the manicure/pedicure gift! That is what I am actually going to give my boss for Christmas. It is a perfect gift - take an extra long lunch and go get prettied!

Day Old News said...

Candles, Sbux cards, holiday platters (on sale after Xmas, I stock up!), and wine/champagne get stocked for last minute gifts from me!

LoveBelle said...

Right ON with the SBUX card and Jo Malone candle! White Jasmine and Mint is amaaaazing!!

Liana said...

these are all so good, because you can have them on hand before as last minute gifts to!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Love this great list... Puppy chow (Reindeer Food) is one of my favorites! I like to keep little kitchen goodies around the just in case I have to give gifts - olive oil and dipping spices are some of my favorites. Add some bread, and voila!

Kristin said...

Maybe I'm just picture happy, but I always love getting/giving picture frames....little/big/plain/colorful/etc....they all work for me! :-)

Deco Aurora said...

I alos love Starbucks, Im having a Sbux card and ornament giveaway on my blog. And the Winter candle is just divine, wish it wasnt so expensive.
Decoaurora.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I always love a good mani or pedi gc. Just the best thing ever to find in my stocking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.