PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Fashion SOS!

Fashion SOS!

I got a question from a reader regarding what to wear for a first meeting of the parents!

Hi Megan,
First of all, I absolutely adore your blog- your style is impeccable, and I love your humor too!
I am born and raised in Memphis, though I now live in DC.
I know you must get hundreds of emails, so this is a long shot, but I am struggling. My parents are finally meeting my boyfriend's parents after 5 years of us dating...it's happening next week, but in Palm Beach. I have nooo idea what to wear at the beach in the middle of January!! I am freaking out about finding the perfect "parents meeting each other outfit" and have been culling your blog for inspiration. I am thinking white jeans, but with what? I don't want to look too "tropical" or on vacation, but something tells me my uniform of skinny black J Brands, LR boots and a black cashmere sweater will look desperately out of place!
would appreciate any wisdom you have. And if not, I love your blog, as I said!
thanks so much!

First of all, I say to keep it simple, but not too simple. I do agree that black might be too boring. How about a fun tunic top?

This is what I have in mind:

Keep those questions coming!

post signature

3 comments:

April of Smidge Of This said...

Parents meeting parents ... definitely stressful! I love these two looks, Megan - you nailed it. :)

RAW said...

I love that Tibi tunic!

Brittany at Torts and a Tiara said...

Those Kendra Scott earrings are perfect!! Especially with a Florida-ready Mystic tan!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.