PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: New Makeup Finds

New Makeup Finds

Over the past month or so I've accumulated some new beauty items that I've been wanting to share with you all.  I tend to use and abuse that Sephora 20% off VIB coupon when it comes in the mail.  I had quite a view items on my list to "try", so this promo was the perfect opportunity.  I also like to stock up on things that are already working for me.  


The only thing purchased that I have used before is this YSL Shocking Mascara which is AMAZING if you haven't tried it.  It's the first mascara I've found that not only lengthens (like my old tried and true Chanel Imitable Intense), but it THICKENS like none other.  You do have to wiggle the brush quite a bit to break up any clumps, but the overall result is amazing long, thick, and separated lashes.  
I have yet to try the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation ... any thoughts on this one?  I got it on a whim but I should have thought twice because I have tried a couple of her tinted moisturizers in the past and didn't love them.  I may return this one since I haven't used it unless you all convince me otherwise. 


Okay- this brush! This is the Sephora Large Powder Brush and it works great for giving a flawless foundation finish.  I know it's technically a powder brush but the girl at Sephora told me it can also be used for foundation.  I still love my Tarte one that I've written about in the past, but I wanted something even bigger than the Tarte brush and this one is perfect.  


What has taken me so long to try this Makeup Forever High Definition Powder?  I don't really know what's in it or what it really does, just go buy it!  I dust this on after foundation and it manages to give you a perfect matte finish without looking dry like normal loose powders do.  

You all know that I love a good cat eye, so I was dying to try this Kat Von D Tattoo Ink Eyeliner.  I had heard nothing but good things about this and it definitely lives up to the hype.  This goes on easier than any other liquid pen-type eyeliners that I've used and it doesn't stray at all.  I had trouble with the Stila Liner that I liked because by mid-afternoon it would be half gone and made me look like a looney who didn't know how to put on eyeliner. Highly recommend this one! 
One of my friends works at the Dior makeup counter in a department store and she has always wanted me to try Dior makeup, but I was never really interested until she called me recently reminding me of an in-store promo on beauty items.  I let her recommend a foundation for me and she threw in lots of samples.  Y'all- this foundation is exceptional!  I have almost tried them all, and this one is better than any I've used before (even Giorgio Armani).  It's called DiorSkin Star Foundation and I wear the 010 color.  Do yourself a favor and go ask for a sample of it at your local Dior counter.  


When I bought the foundation my friend kindly gave me a sample of the Dior Capture Totale DreamSkin.  The best way I can describe this is that it's a pre-makeup skin perfecter that evens skintone and preps your skin.  It's kind of pricey but I felt like it made my makeup look even smoother and maybe even filled wrinkles?  Maybe I just drank the koolaid.  Go get a sample and tell me what you think. 

So here's the finished product with all of the new makeup: 


Shop the products by clicking below: 


4 comments:

Lili said...

i am playing around ways to apply the dior star - seems to be not as perfect as the YSL fusion ink that i'm loving right now!

Unknown said...

Love that Kat Von D liner. Her tattoo liner, rollerball fragrance and liquid lipsticks have been spotted at TJ Maxx & Marshalls very recently!

Anonymous said...

I just started using Makeup Forever and I love it. I bought the powder first, then went back and got the foundation in the velvet finish. Love it!!

Kathleen @ Carrie Bradshaw Lied said...

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't figured out the Makeup Forever craze and now I think I'm going to have to give it a try!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.