PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Recent Beauty Reviews: Sparkle Collagen Supplement, Nivea In Shower Body Lotion, Bioderma Crealine, & More!

Recent Beauty Reviews: Sparkle Collagen Supplement, Nivea In Shower Body Lotion, Bioderma Crealine, & More!

By now I've made it very apparent that I'm a certifiable loon when it comes to buying skincare items.  I live for Refinery 29 or Allure articles that talk about the newest "it" items in skincare.  

One item that I read about recently was a skin powder that you drink!  It says that it is supposed to improve skin elasticity and reduce wrinkles.  I purchased this on Amazon (prime slays me daily) and it actually tastes pretty good!  I will report back on if I actually see any results, but as of now it just tastes like crystal light. 



I also ordered this cult favorite, Bioderma.  I never really understood the purpose of Bioderma and why it was such a popular "must have" beauty item in every beauty gurus arsenal.  I mean, it's just soapy water, right?  Well Bioderma touts their Crealine as having fatty acid esters that emulsifies dirt and leaves behind a "moisturizing barrier".  I've used it for a couple of days and like it just fine.  I usually use it after taking off my makeup with a mild cleanser.  I don't use it solely to take off my makeup as I am one of those people who has to have a squeaky clean feeling on my face. 



I also wanted to share this deep conditioner with you that I've been using for about a month now.  It's the Keratin Brand Vanilla Bean deep conditioner and it's EXCELLENT.  It smells amazing and really helps condition ratty ends to make them smooth and shiny.  



As soon as I saw the commercial for this Nivea "in shower" body lotion, I just knew that I had to get it because 1) I am lazy and 2) I hate the smell of most body lotions.  You use it after using a normal shower gel but you rinse it off and it leaves a moisture barrier on your skin like when you apply moisturizer after the shower.  I really like it and have been loving it this week.  You all know I am big on smells and this definitely passes the sniff test with its low key scent.  No, it doesn't moisturize as well as using a body cream after the shower, but it does the job well enough and saves me the time and stickiness on my hands you get after applying lotion (i'm sure that makes me sound really neurotic).  



And while we're talking about drug store items such as the Nivea Lotion ... I just wanted to take a moment give a shout out to the best concealer ever, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser.  I ended up trying a couple of more expensive concealers and seriously, NOTHING COMPARES.  This is my absolute must have drugstore buy! 



Have a great day! 

1 comment:

Laura said...

Definitely going to give the in shower lotion a try! I'm so lazy about that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.