PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Beauty Reviews, Mom Jeans & More

Beauty Reviews, Mom Jeans & More

Apparently "Mom jeans" are back in style? I've been seeing them everywhere in fashion magazines and on trendy people via Instagram.  


I always think of the SNL Mom Jeans skit ... 



Or how about some Brenda, Kelly, and Donna???



I popped into Madewell after work yesterday and lo and behold Mom jeans greeted me at the door.  They were on the mannequins ... on the tables ... hanging from hangers, they were basically BEGGING me to try them on.  I am ashamed to say that not only did I like them, but they came home with me! 

Madewell also had an adorable jumpsuit that ties at the waist.  I purchased this one as well as I loved the easy breezy feel of the linen blend.  



...........................................................................................................................................

It's amateur hour around here and I made a beauty review vlog in celebration.  I attempted to film the video on my iPad and didn't realize it was going to be small like this- oh well! 


Products Discussed: 
DiorSkin Star Foundation

...........................................................................................................................................

I really want an IRO Paris pastel leather jacket, but they are just so expensive! Has anyone seen a cute and lightweight leather jacket that would be a good spring layering piece on the cheap? I have searched high and low and I either find one that is super expensive that I love or one that's cheap but looks like it's highly flammable.


...........................................................................................................................................

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your videos! I really don't think you sound awkward. In fact I would rather listen to you than a lot of "famous" vloggers just because you sound natural. More videos!

Lili said...

i just purchased the SUnday Riley Good genes and Luna oil & I cant wait!

Been trying them out & LOVE them!

Curly Girl Confessions said...

Your little figure and your hair are perfection! I wanted to love the Dior Foundation but that ish made me an umpa-loompa by the end of the day. Sad.

Brittany@TheLadyLawyer said...

I've seen mom jeans everywhere too and been hesitant to try them on. They look so cute on you though!

Anonymous said...

love your videos. thank you! for eye liner, I've using maybelline master duo by eye studio and ultra liner waterproof(maybelline).

Ang said...

"Perfectly arranged shit on their dressers" funniest thing I've heard this week. I seriously laughed out...

Sabah said...

Hahah I loved the "perfectly arranged shit on their dressers line"! That kajal thing is intriguing bc growing up, my mom used "kajal" and the way you apply it is by sliding the kajal between your eyelids while your eyes are closed...so it is supposed to line the inside of your eyelids. If that makes any sense. I'm sure there are videos on how to apply Kajal! Loved the video, Megan!

Cathy G. said...

Love the video..... I want that mascara!!! I think you're down to earth and it's refreshing to see that!!! :)

Farrah said...

I think you did awesome! I hear a little KY twang, but just a little.

Unknown said...

I love the jumpsuit! Thinking about buying it for a wedding in May. What size did you end up getting?

Pretty in Pink said...

@lauren mclemore hi! i got the 0 and it still had plenty of room- i'd say runs a little big

Unknown said...

faux leather, but http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/blanknyc-faux-leather-jacket/3485962?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Black&resultback=0&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=15&cm_ite=1&siteId=QFGLnEolOWg-mdsYy_R6.dajjNZi9GDrRw

Tempest in a Pink Teacup said...

Always look forward to your videos. You look and sound great!

Samantha said...

Try mixing 2 squirts Good Genes and 3 squirts Ceramic Slip and using as a mask. You leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off. I've seen online that they were using that backstage at the fashion shows. I've tried it and really liked it! :)

Laurie said...

Your videos are fas! I keep laughing out loud in agreement at some of your comments the last couple I've gone back and watched! I am obsessed with you in the mom jeans. Now I want to drive an hour just to go see if the off Saks 5th here has those nude pumps. And where is that white v-neck from? I just love that whole outfit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.