PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Sun Essentials

Sun Essentials

So begins another summer of lazy days and the hot sun! Here are a few of my summer essentials that I'd like to share with you!

1) Sunscreen- I am someone who HATES laying out. I also hate getting sun. I went to the tanning bed for a two year period in high school and haven't been since. No telling what those short two years did to my skin. I had 4 pre-cancerous moles taken off last week. I had two taken off last year. Seriously, don't be stupid. Wear sunscreen and stop going to the tanning bed. I cringe every time I hear someone talking about going to the tanning bed.

I wear a daily SPF 30 on my face. I use the Benev Titanium Dioxide drops that Shasta of More Than Before recommended. I mix them in with my moisturizer.

2) Stylish Sun Hat- From Pucci to Target, get yourself a sun hat!

3) Bathing Suit Cover-Up- Again, you can get these anywhere. I have several from Juicy Couture and Milly and then several from Target. You have to mix and match.

4) Juicy Terrycloth- I may be the only person who still wears Juicy tracksuits, but I love them and have worn them for years. I can't give them up. I love the classic tracksuits for summer. So comfortable and easy.

5) Cute Sunglasses- I am a big shades girl. I have to have the humongous Jackie-O shades. Go big or go home, right?

What are some of your summer essentials?

/post signature

16 comments:

Day Old News said...

Sundresses and sandals are my weekend daytime uniform. I have a rainbow of sundresses and am just waiting for the weather to heat up. And obvio my sunglasses.

Kate said...

Ballcaps... seriously, I'll spend a whole mess of time and money coming up with adorable beach ensembles complete with beachy hair... and then I'll throw on my ratty old Wake baseball hat. What can I say, it's comfy and easier to read in than my floppy hats!

Petunia said...

I love that last pic of Jackie in her glamorous sunnies!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Great choices here for your summer essentials. Wish I was enjoying them all right now. Instead, today, it's so rainy here.

Other essentials? Hmmmm. Maybe a cute beach towel and basket/bag to carry it in.

Julie said...

As a girl who loooooved to fry her fair skin in tanning beds and by the pool for her entire high school years ... don't do it!! I am always having the derm take stuff off - it sucks.

Mostly Style said...

Your essentials are totally my essentials! I would for sure add a good straw beach bag with a cute striped fabric liner to keep the sand out! Loves it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that white beach cover-up..who makes it??

Ashley Turner said...

Summer here all year long and I am 100% in agreement with all your essentials!

I'd add to it either a mask or a sun-protective spray for my hair (I like to put on a hair mask before I go to the beach because the heat bakes it into your hair like the dryer at the salon when you get highlights!), some bangin flip flops, a great beach bag, bug spray and definitely some aloe or cooling lotion with lidocaine just in case of a burn!

Great post!!!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

I still love Juicy track suits, terry shorts and a hoodie are the perfect summer loungewear in my opinon.

misslily said...

wise essentials! and thanks for the link to shasta's blog.

Anonymous said...

Sunscreen is a must! I even have SPF 30 facial moisturizer. It's tres important!

SanFranciscoCA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SanFranciscoCA said...

1. An oversized tote ( San Francisco is never too hot so if I'm anywhere with a temperature over 60 degrees, I start carrying large smart water bottles everywhere I go)

2. Flip flops (only comfortable ones! Feet tend to swell in heat unfortunately and I don't like to get stuck with a pair of uncomfortable shoes)

3. Hair mask ( protein rx by Fekkai is one of my favorites; my hair has a mind of its own)

4. White shirts, light colored clothing ( I went to an afternoon baseball game on a sunny day wearing black once and promised myself never to do it again)

P.S. Sorry to hear about your tanning salon experience. I (luckily) don't have fair skin and the very first time I went to a tanning salon was before our Maui vacation this year. I just wanted to prevent burning and get some base tan. My local tanning salon had signs all over it with "research shows tanning helps you get vitamin D". Well, of course they will point out the only positive thing about tanning, duh. I didn't like how the tanning beds felt on my skin or the noise they made ( the tanning lotions smell a bit odd too). I don't avoid sunshine at all costs but I've learned to expose myself ONLY to the afternoon sunshine the first few days of vacation and I never burn anymore.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Juicy tracksuits rock. I bought one when I was pregnant - not even maternity. The pants are perfect to go right under a big belly! I still wear them now, but not out of the house since they shrunk a bit and are a teensy bit too short now. Boo.

Unknown said...

my sunhat is my new favorite item though i'm also a major fan of my big RL shades. go big or go home is right!

Series of Unseriousness said...

Sundresses are my summer staple! I'm with you on the juicy suits. I will forever wear mine. Nothing can be made to fit, feel, and look as good as they do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.