PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Ask Megan!

Ask Megan!

I get a lot of styling emails and I thought it would be fun to feature one today because some of you might be having similar styling issues.

Hello -

I am a loyal reader of your blog. Just read the latest entry re: New Year's Eve & need some fashion advice. Already purchased this Rebecca Taylor strapless metallic dress for New Year's Eve, now in search of the perfect shoe....

I am looking for a fun, feminine pump/heel and do not want to pay $$$ for CLs or Jimmy Choo. Cannot find anything that works for less than $300. I even looked @ Polyvore styles but just cannot justify the cost for a pair of heels that I will most likely wear once !

Any suggestions from one fashionista to another ?

I think a lot of people have similar problems with NYE/Party dresses- what shoe do I wear with this sparkly, sequin, fun party dress!?

Here's my two cents for what it's worth- Get a shoe that you WILL wear again. There is nothing more disappointing than forking out the dough for a pair of "special" shoes and then never wearing them again. Let's take for instance my purchase of these wonderful, magnificent, special, and expensive Manolo Blahnik wedding shoes:

(Image courtesy of Allison Rodgers Photography)

Yes, they were absolutely stunning, but I have NOT worn them since my wedding day. I thought I would wear them again, but I have not. If I could do it all over again, I would have purchased a more versatile, perhaps basic Manolo or Louboutin rather than this crazy one.

Back to the NYE dress question- I think tights are a necessity because, not only is it going to be freezing, but I always feel more secure in tights. I guess it's knowing that someone is not going to see a butt cheek if you bend over the slightest bit. All in all, tights are a great option, and with this dress, I would do black (yes, black! Color matching is so passe!)

Taking all of that advice into consideration, here is my Polyvore I have created for this outfit:

The reader said she wanted an inexpensive, but yet versatile shoe. I chose a gold Dolce Vita pump that I think could be worn again. It's fairly inexpensive and I think it goes great with the gold detailing in the dress. As an added bonus, these shoes are via www.endless.com and you get an extra 25 off of $100.00 or over purchase!

I accessorized with a gold Lauren Merkin clutch, gold chandelier earrings, and a gold cocktail ring.

Remember, if you have a fashion question do not hesitate to email me! I live for this kind of stuff :)

post signature

10 comments:

pammycakes said...

DARLING! Love that dress and the shoes look great!

Christina said...

your wedding shoes are GORGEOUS!!!

molldoll said...

the dress and shoes combo looks great...but OMG those wedding shoes!!! :)

Sweet Caroline said...

Love this post! I think you should start doing it weekly...and I too, LOVE those wedding shoes.

I'maNolaGirl said...

I agree - great post. Those Dolce Vita shoes are amazing and so wearable!!! I might have to make a Santa purchase for myself!!!

Chloe said...

This is a fabulous post, and what a great idea- I might have to try some of this with the volume of emails I get, especially the repeat questions!

Love this.

Lipstick said...

Great post! Those shoes even look rather comfy!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

your wedding shoes are fabulous!! I've always loved that style! I think you should wear them more often :)

Rachel H. said...

I do love your wedding shoes, but I understand about not wearing them again. I've done the same thing! I haven't worn mine again. Hoping to at some point! Great style advice!

Tricia Loves Makeup said...

Your wedding shoes are GORGEOUS! You definitely need to wear them again. After all gold is a neutral. Would even look great with jeans and a hot top!
I hope you keep doing these too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.