PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Guest Post: What are you Doing New Year's Eve?

Guest Post: What are you Doing New Year's Eve?

Ella Fitzgerald crooned that question in 1960, and I couldn't help but wonder what all of you lovelies out in blogland are planning. I'm Jess Graves and I write a blog called The Love List that works in sync with my boutique graphic design company, Front Porch Studio. I got to know Meg when I re-did her blog and we have been buddies ever since. We share an unabashed love for contemporary fashion, relaxing music, a good bottle of bubbly, and whatever new hot beauty product we can get our hands on - we often joke we are brain twins because we always go after the same stuff. In true PIPM fashion, I figured I'd center my guest post around our #1 love (and I'm sure the drug of choice for many of y'all out there) - shopping. And not just any shopping, oh no! But shopping for the mecca of sass, sparkle, and champagne - New Year's Eve. Here are my picks for ringing in the new year with style to spare.

1. An outfit appropriate for the occasion.
My NYE plans this year include a grand dinner and night of cocktails on a rooftop bar and reuniting with old college friends, so my outfit has some sparkle but still keeps warmth in mind. However, if your plans include a more conservative dinner out with family or your beau, bling can still be a conservative thing if brought in with a cardigan or ballet flat.

[L-R: Milly Gemma tunic, 395.00 at Bergdorf Goodman (my exact NYE dress!), Anthropologie Demi-Sec cardigan, 128.00 (great for a nice dinner), Kate Spade Harper flats, 295.00. Tory Burch Lissie satin flats, 350.00 at Shopbop. Christian Louboutin glitter pumps, 595.00 at Bergdorf Goodman.]

2. A libation worth its bubbles.
Of course, we can't forget the champagne! My favorite is Veuve Cliquot Brut yellow label - Mirelle Guiliano is the CEO of the company and I have looked up to her for ages for her taste and business savvy. If you're more of a cocktail kind of girl, I found the best one ever at Péché, a prohibition-style absinthe bar in Austin, TX last month. It's called a French 75 and is made of Gin, champagne, bar syrup and lemon juice - to die for. If you're just hanging out with the girls, try the adorable (and tasty!) Sofia (yep, Coppola) Blanc de Blanc California champagne. Those cute little pink cans and mini bendy straws are perfect paired with red velvet cupcakes for a festive girl's night in.

[L-R: Veuve Cliquot Brut yellow label, 49.99 at most fine liquor stores. Sofia Blanc de Blanc California Champagne, available at specialty grocers. NYE Noisemakers, 3.95 at Plumparty.]

3. All the trimmings to inspire for 2010.
No matter your resolution, these treats ensure you ring in the new year with style and savvy. I love Eric Fischl's depictions of fabulous figures in black dresses and tuxedos sipping champy. Jo Malone body oil makes your skin soft to the touch and soft to the touch, and rosebud salve your lips kissable for when the clock strikes 12. A journal and day planner help you mark and remember important dates, and a scrumptious Tocca candle lit over the wafting sound of Ella Fitzgerald's Christmas album create a lovely mood at home.


[L-R: Eric Fischl 1970-2007, available on Amazon. Jo Malone body oil, 60.00. 2010 Gallery Leather Desk Planner in Orchid, 24.00. One Line a Day Five Year Memory Journal, 11.60 at Amazon. Tocca Candle, 36.00 at Sephora. Smith's Rosebud Salve, 6.50 at Sephora. Ella Fitzgerald's 'A Swinging Christmas', at Amazon.]

No matter what you do, wear, sip on or listen to - I hope each and every one of you has a happy holiday and an even better 2010! Cheers!

10 comments:

The Uppity Puppy said...

Ahh, Sofia Coppola is my favorite! I specifically frequent our one restaurant/bar in town that serves it. Great post - love it!

KLC said...

I am loving all the sparkles and glitter, especially in the flats! I just bought a cheap-o pair at Old Navy in the kid's section... I love having small feet!

Anonymous said...

I love the TB Revas! is that sparkles on the T? oh lala!!
Im excited and bummed about NYE!
Yeah! I will watch the ball drop in Times Square with my hubby!
Boo! No cute outfit! it will be all about warmth and staying dry!

Katherine said...

that new year's outfit is gorgeous! and there is nothing better than some good champaign!

now, i just need to come up with some exciting plans...

Girl Meets Beau said...

I love the Milly dress and the cardigan!! That would definitely put a little pizzaz into any outfit. Of course, so would the CLous. :)

Love your 2010 suggestions too. I have the Rose lip salve1

pammycakes said...

can't go wrong with sparkle!

Hallie said...

I usually babysit on New Years Eve.... so boring, but great money. i feel like NYE is always overrated and overpriced though, so it's nice to make money instead of spending it!
And I usually drink champagne while the kids drink their sparkling cider anyway (and before anyone gets all up in arms - yes the parents know, they buy it for me!)

Jill said...

NYE is our wedding anniversary so we always get a sitter and go out for an {early} dinner and are home well before the ball drops.

SouthernBelleJM said...

love the outfit!! I just put the cardi on my favorites to try to catch it when it goes on sale. I loved this whole post=)

Petunia said...

Great post--I would expect nothing less from Jessica!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.