PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Guest Post: Vogue On the Range on Surviving the Winter Wonderland

Guest Post: Vogue On the Range on Surviving the Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland Wardrobe Essentials

They say it's the most wonderful time of the year, but when the snow is bum-deep and the Iditarod could take place down your street, what's a girl to do about braving the elements with grace? It's enough to turn this Virginia-born gal into an indoor cat, but thanks to years of blustery blizzards and below zero temps, I have learned to "cowgirl up" and endure the Wyoming winters...even in a little bit of style.

My name is Lacey Roosevelt-Witowski, and I am the author of Vogue On the Range , my blog and creative outlet while at home in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The lovely Jess Graves, of Monday's guest post, is also the designer of my blog, and it is via Jess that I have had the pleasure of getting to know Megan. I have found a kindred spirit in Megan as we are both "onlys" (children, that is) and share a fondness for fashion. I am flattered to be a guest blogger for PIPM, and hope that I can help you darling readers survive the winter wonderland without having to look like Nanook of the North.

The Sweater/Dress+Leggings+Boots

While I would infinitely prefer to be living in Southern climes, one of the best parts about winter is that getting dressed is so easy. My go-to outfit is composed of an oversized sweater or dress, black leggings, and riding boots (or flats, if it thaws out a little). Throw on one of these beauties, and voila, darling, you almost have yourself an outfit. I couldn't resist throwing in a couple of favorites here. I am obsessed with By Malene Birger (see the middle sweater) and Megan's Loeffler Randall boots are on the far right.

Here are a few other winter wardrobe essentials:


The Down Layer


The warmest outerwear option is the down jacket. Patagonia makes affordable, functional, and stylish options. One pitfall to avoid in choosing a down jacket is the Glad-Bag look....many of the popular high-gloss finishes on down coats can leave you looking like a post-holiday trash bag!

Black Leggings

My favorite bottoms to wear in the winter months are a pair of cozy black leggings. Before donning a pair, do view Megan's fantastic video, Winter Layering and Leggings 101 for tips on making this style work. When paired with a longer sweater or shorter dress, leggings are incredibly chic, comfortable, and ideal as a baselayer for the impromptu ski run! I prefer my own pair by Marmot, or J.Crew, but SmartWool makes a terrific pair that are 100% Merino wool.


The Undershirt

While perhaps not the most glamorous member of the wardrobe, the undershirt should be kept close to your heart - literally - for maximum warmth. It's for this reason that the fabric next to your skin should be chosen carefully, preferably in silk or a silk/wool/cotton blend. My favorites are from Hanro of Switzerland and are available at both Neiman's and Saks.


The Cashmere Layer

While my guess is that I am preaching to the choir here, a cashmere tee is not only luxurious, but indispensible to a layering repertoire. True confessions from the Range: as I write this I am wearing my favorite J.Crew cashmere zip hoody and there are holes (big, drafty holes!) worn through the elbows...oh Santa, Baby?

Hats, Scarfs, Mitties

Mittens: Kate Spade; Hats: Gorsuch; Scarves: Virginia Johnson, J.Crew

Last, but not least, I can never go out the door without this trio. It's also a great way to add a pop of color to a drab winter day!

Many thanks to Megan and all of her readers for allowing me to guest blog at PIPM today. I hope to get to know you and invite you all to stop by the Range to put a little glam in your giddyap!

8 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

Loved the guest post! Headed to "the Range" now!

Welcome to Real Raw Women! said...

O Megan I loved this post!!!Great ideas for winter, since it's really cold here in Indiana. Really the post makes me want to go snow skiing! xoxo Jan

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I want to bundle up ASAP! I recently found Vogue on the Range and became a follower! xx

Rachel H. said...

Love the post, and I LOVE those outfits! This is great! :)

SouthernBelleJM said...

I love ALL these outfits! And I'm an "only" too=)

Lindsay said...

Great post! I love Vogue on the Range's blog!

thelovelist said...

Love Lacey's post, I cant wait to unveil her blog's new design either ;) Love all the adorable cold weather clothes too!

Anonymous said...

love the mittens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.