PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Salon Effects Review

Salon Effects Review

Last week I decided to try the Sally Hensen Salon Effects nail stickers. I had recently picked off my Shellac in a nervous binge, so I figured it would be the perfect time to try them.

The package comes with stickers that you literally peel a piece of plastic off of and stick on your nail. It seems easy, but it was actually trickier than I assumed.

The stickers are pre-sized, so I found that many were too big for my nails. I simply just cut them to the shape i needed before I peeled off the plastic covering.

Also, there just isn't one plastic covering on the stickers, there are TWO. There is also a plastic film that has to be peeled off the top, so remember that after you get them on your nails.

I kept these on for about 5 days. They definitely would have stayed on longer if I left them; I simply just got tired of them and wanted to take them off. They say that you can easily get them off with nail polish remover, but I found this extremely difficult. I had to soak my nails in nail polish remover for about 5 minutes and then scrape the stickers off with my other nails.

Overall, I liked these a lot. They were fun and once I figured them out I really enjoyed them. I will be much better equipped for next time.

Have you all tried these yet?

post signature

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I love them! I am REALLY rough on my fingernails, so I opted to try the leopard print strips on my toes. They were REALLY easy to trim & I only ended up using a few of them. I put a clear top coat over them & they lasted for three weeks!

Megan said...

So glad you posted about these...i actually picked them up in Wal-Mart tonight but put them back because I wasn't sure!! I will go back tomorrow and get them! They looked really neat!

Rhonda said...

they look awesome! i have very small nails though and I'm not sure I have the patience to trim. I really want to try the houndstooth ones, but i don't think they would go over well in my conservative office.

Ashley Turner said...

Those are cute!

Day Old News said...

Cutting them to shape my nails sounds hard, but I love how it looks so I will need to try.

Elizabeth | The Blush Magnolia said...

I've tried them and liked them. I like that they're no smudges and no drying time but wasn't impressed with the lack of color options. Mine stayed on for two weeks though!

TLF said...

I can't wait to try these...when they come out with some solid colors! I'm not all about all the crazy prints and patterns. LOL

rivekkah said...

I too have tried them and used a top coat on top. It's been a week with the sparkles and they have yet to even show signs of chipping. I'm impressed with them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.