PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Hair Growth Tips and Tricks

Hair Growth Tips and Tricks

I've had some requests to do a post on hair growth.  I have done a few in the past, but I figured I would compile all of my hair growth knowledge into one post for people who may have just stumbled upon PIPM.  
{October of 2010, 2011, and now}

Let me state that I am not an expert by any means on hair growth.  These are just some things that have worked for me in the past; that doesn't mean these things will work for you.  Use your best judgment on whether or not you would like to do the following things.  


These pills are a miracle worker if you are trying to grow out your hair.  Some people have told me that you can get the same formula for cheaper in an off brand, but for me these Phytophanere pills have worked well.  


These are drops that you can put in your water.  They are colorless and tasteless, so you really don't even know they are there.  This is a great supplement for bones, joints, hair, nails, and skin.  


These are a given.  You should be taking a multivitamin regardless of whether you are trying to grow your hair out or not.  


This stuff is no joke.  You spray it on your scalp after you've combed out your hair from the shower.  It will stimulate hair growth as well as encourage new growth.  

5) Air-drying/Minimal Heat Styling 

I can't even tell you the last time that I used a hair dryer on my hair.  I think that by not heat styling your hair you are in turn making it more healthy and encouraging growth.  

What about you all? Any hair growth tips that you have? 

17 comments:

Sara said...

I've used Viviscal in the past and it worked well. I also think that prenatal vitamins help a lot.

Michele said...

Can you post some pictures of your hair growth too? I know you've gone shorter and grown it out, and now looking at your main picture, I realized just how long your hair has gotten! I'd love to see a little timeline of how quickly it's grown if you have a chance :)

WorthyStyle said...

I am with you on vitamins, supplements and air-drying my hair. I also use Omega 3 fish oil. I just try to monitor the different supplements to make sure there are no known reactions to doing them together!

Andrea @ Tweed and Toile said...

Great post! Can you tell if your hair is any thicker?

Jenna said...

I take a Biotin pill every day and I have noticed a difference in my hair, skin, and nails. My hair is visibly stronger, shinier, and longer! I've been wanting to try Nioxin for a while now!

Nina said...

Thanks for posting your tips and tricks! Do you think that your hair has grown thicker as well? Your long hair looks so thick, full and healthy!

Amy Breckenridge said...

how do you get your hair to look so pretty without heat styling? you don't use a curling iron or anything? it always looks so pretty!

would love for you to enter my blog giveaway:
http://www.cupcakesncouture.com/2012/07/adjewelry-bracelet-giveaway.html

xoamy

Courtney @ The Wags Daily said...

I take a triple strength tuna omega-3 pill and my hair/eyebrows/eyelashes grow like crazy!!

The Waspy Redhead said...

Great tips - another one I would add would be very infrequent hair washing. I usually go 3-4 days between shampoos and the natural oils from my scalp keep my hair looking healthy. I don't get greasy looking hair at all, and if it needs some extra oomph I use dry shampoo.

Jordin- I Love That! said...

Thanks for the post! I am going through chemo now and can't wait to get on a "grow my hair fast" regimen (I am almost done). I am also a hair stylist, so I know Nioxin works great and prenatal vitamins are good too. I may try some of your suggestions too. Your hair is beautiful!
Jordin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips! My hair grows soooo slow. How do you get your hair to look so great and NOT use a hair dryer?

I swear, when I was in junior high this one girl would chop her hair off right before the school year let out and then when we would start the new school year, her hair would be down to her waist again. I'm so jealous... ;)

Unknown said...

Your hair reallyhas grown so long and luscious!! thanks for the tips: I started taking prenatal vitamins I think you may have suggested in the past and it helped, now I'm going to add the rest of this to my regimen!

Tempest in a Pink Teacup said...

Have you tried any of the other Phyto products? I just started using Phyto9 and I really think it is helping repair damage and adding a lot of shine (I use an iron).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post!! I've had a stressful year and my already fine hair has gotten so thin. I can't wait to try these products!

TDavis said...

Thank you for this post!! I am so jealous of your hair. I love it!

miraoil said...

If you make the commitment to closely follow the five steps below, not only will you grow long hair but your hair will be in beautiful condition throughout the process. Read my tips below...

1. Comb your hair daily. This will help stimulate hair growth. Even if you’re at work, be sure to take constant breaks to brush your hair, just don’t get caught.

2. Moisturize your hair. Find a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that adds volume to your hair.

3.Use hair packs once a week to put sustenance in your hair. Much the same as your skin, hair too requires some product of spoiling on a general foundation and cutting edge hair packs help give a clean sparkle to your hair.

4. Trim your hair regularly. You want to do this to get rid of split ends and to add shape to your hair.

5. Uphold to an exceptional diet. Your hair too requires the reliable support of an adjusted eating regimen to develop well. Just ensure that all your meals have enough protein and iron in them.

And Finally, If you have 2 minutes - I will share you my story "How I Make My Hair Grow Faster, Longer, Thicker and More Beautiful in 15 Days". Read my full story at http://makemyhairgrowfaster.org

Norma said...

What brand and where can I find it??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.