PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: TGIF

TGIF

I tried a new curling method yesterday on my hair that involved wrapping sections around a regular curling iron without the clamp.  I then removed the iron but kept the curls in tact in my hand for a few seconds and then pinned them up with bobby pins for about an hour.  I wanted to create more loose waves and not so much defined curls.  
Overall, the result was okay, but I cannot keep my hair curled for the life of me.  I think my hair is just so straight and cannot hold a curl.  Any products that you all love?

I have been wearing the heck out of this Marc by Marc sweater that I got on sale.  I love how easy it is to throw on with anything.  


I finally got around to putting up our tree this week.  I still love these little mini fur coat tree ornaments that According to Nina sent me a couple of years ago.  


Please ignore the lighting issues with the tree.  I think some of my lights aren't working and going to Target to get some lights is on my weekend to-do list!

Did you all watch Liz & Dick this past weekend?  I could only stand about 40 minutes of it- I had to switch to Homeland anyways.  I do, however, love Li Lo, but boy is she a mess lately.  


I am really digging her new red locks and I'm embarrassed to say that I love this coat she is wearing when she got arrested a couple of nights ago.  


I wish she'd get her life together already!

In other celeb news, I am really digging Kate's new fringe layered bangs.  I think some people don't like them, but I am a big fan! It's just bangs- they will grow out!


It reminds me of the time everyone freaked out when Jennifer Aniston got side bangs.  


Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

My hair didn't hold curl either... until I started using this..
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4220025

But for looser curls you might want to try this..
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4220023

WorthyStyle said...

My hair doesn't hold a curl either, and I want Princess ShinyLocks hair, too! I think Kate looks great with "bangs" and agree with you as well, it does grow out.

Regarding LiLo: "I wish she'd get her life together already" - YES. Thank you. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Do you have a clipless curling iron? I got the Sedu one from Folica.com a few months ago and I love it. I do use a decent amount of Bumble & Bumble hairspray to make them last all day though....

Lynn said...

Have you tried using a marcel curling iron? I have 2, in different sizes and absolutely love them. To get loose curls, I curl my hair with a 1 inch curling iron (prom curls), then gently go over the ends with a straightener. Using Bumble and Bumble's texture creme helps extend the style too. Your hair looks gorgeous, by the way! I love the red on you =)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Very nice results from the new curling methods. I like Kate Middleton's new fringes.
Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Preppy Southern Belle said...

I have always had the same issue with curls falling right out until I got a trim and hand them thin out the ends a bit and started using hot rollers; http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Xtreme-Instant-Jumbo-Setter/dp/B007S69QAY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354649788&sr=8-3&keywords=conair+hot+rollers.
I got mine at target but they're not online now. Weird.

Nina said...

I'm so glad you are still loving your little fur coats! I love them too! xo

Megan said...

This is the only product that holds my curl all day. I swear by it and use it everyday.
http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Mitchell-Fast-Form-6-8/dp/B002NBFBLW/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1351475022&sr=1-7&keywords=Paul+Mitchell+curl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.