PIPM: Pretty in Pink Megan: Hello There

Hello There

Hello old friends! I'm not even sure if people still read blogs anymore.  I have obviously not been into blogging lately.  I go back and forth about shutting 'er down, but just when I think I want to cut the cord I find some beauty item that I want to review and tell y'all about.  PS- I hope you are following me on Instagram and Snapchat "pipmegan" for daily updates!

First of all, I have found THE BEST eyeliner for my fellow cat-eye loving gals!  Sidenote: these are my real eyelashes.  I use Revitalash.  Also, I am wearing Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and my favorite mascara, YSL Shocking



 It is the perfect liner because it comes with two sides- a small pen side and a big pen side.  I like to use the small side to draw my cat eye.  It provides the perfect grip for easy drawing and the color goes on and stays on all day.  I've already bought another one and may start hoarding them because I don't ever want to live without it!



And if you're thinking about buying some sunscreen here are two that you should NOT buy.  I got both of these (one for body, one for face) because they specifically said non-greasy and lightweight, but I am here to tell you that they are lies!  These were both a huge disappointment. 


Also, I tried this mascara and HATED it ... I thought I would love it given the advertising and pretty packaging, but it really sucked. 


Also, this DiorSkin Nude Air foundation was so so so bad.  I can't remember if I've mentioned that before, but I just wanted to throw that out there again.  It literally melted and slide off my face after about an hour of wearing it. 


I am still loving this CHI Iron Guard for when I heat style my hair.  I went through a whole bottle and repurchased (which says a lot for me).  I spray it on before curling because it protects up to some insane degree of heat. 



I have a solution if you're like me and love Byredo perfumes and want every single one, but don't want to pay the price tag.  I have been buying the hair perfume version of the scents that I like which ends up working out great because they are more light than the perfume version and they are half the price.  I use them like a normal perfume (I can't imagine someone wanting strong scents in their hair). 



I got this Jergens Body BB Cream Lotion today at Target and love the way it smells and makes my skin feel.  This is like a BB cream for your body that hydrates, illuminates, evens, and firms.  



I'm going through a really weird phase with my skin right now.  I have completely stopped using any products except for Retin-A and sunscreen.  My skin is completely awful right now and is breaking out so bad, which is weird considering I haven't been using a ton of products.  I have been trying this "minimalist" approach for a couple of months now after reading several articles by dermatologists that say you only need a retinol and a sunscreen, but it's just not working for me.  I bit the bullet and ordered a crap ton of over-priced face stuff tonight.  Old habits die hard, but anything has to be better than having dull crappy skin. 

I am excited to try this Lancer Youth Serum which is one of the items that I ordered. 

It has great reviews and Dr. Lancer is the dermatologist to many stars!

I hope you all enjoyed this post- have a great day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Would love it if you did a cat-eye liner tutorial!

Tamara said...

My favorite non-oily, can't-even-feel-it sunscreen is Neutrogena dry touch. It's the only kind I can stand to put on my face.
Thanks for the tips!

Shannon Sentences said...

This was a super helpful post - I love hearing about what you didn't like as well as what you like - thanks!!

Holly said...

I hated that mascara too!

Stacy said...

I hope you will continue to blog. I really trust your judgement. What about the Charlotte Tilsbury stuff? Do you still like it?

Stacy

Jennifer said...

I still read and love your blog:) I recently bought this cleanser to try because I was having awful break outs and needed help with my wrinkles:
http://www.sephora.com/time-release-acne-cleanser-P254720?skuId=1224724

Heather said...

As a fellow skincare and perfume lover and Tennessean, I definitely read your blog. Sorry you're playing the "find a sunscreen" game, it sucks. So far I've been using and loving the Biore Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen. I buy it on Amazon Prime. Hasn't triggered any acne on my acne prone skin or closed comedones.

I started using a 2.5% BP in the morning to spot treat my active acne. It's helped a lot during my purging process. However, what has helped me the most during my purging are Asian skincare products. So far, I've been able to find everything on Amazon Prime. Read some reviews (also checkout the Asian Beauty subreddit on reddit), but my favorites have been:

Rohto Hada Labo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion
Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream
Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream (Can find this at Ulta if you don't want to wait)

All of these things have kept my skin really moisturized, glowing and helped with healing. No breakouts or irritation and they are soothing too. Hope you keep writing.

? said...

Have you read the 12 step Korean facial post in into the gloss? I purchased all te products listed on Amazon none of which were over 30 dollars and all South Korean brands and it was CHANGED MY SKIN look into the étude house and missah products the cleanser Toner essence etc

Red Lipstick said...

I love reading your reviews and trying out the products. Thank you!

Curly Girl Confessions said...

I have to say - I was having horrible skin issues and tried the retinol and sunscreen with some finacea (for redness) and it didn't seem to give my skin the moisture it needed. I caved and fell into the Rodan + Fields camp. No I don't sell the shit, but I use it and it has changed my skin like ten fold. May want to give it a try and they have a 60 day money back guarantee - Just a thought!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by kiki and co.